This area is pulling together some concepts from the ICT blog and the Mathematics blog for Staff PD workshops:
The workshop is very “organic” and will be run from posts and pages on the blog and elsewhere. The idea is that it is pitched at a base level with links to more in-depth content for those that have already been there!
Probable Running Sheet:
Examples of Successful use of ICT:
– Simple Movies: Science Lab Rules Fun activity, English, Science, Economics, French FELP project.
– Learning Management System Use: Canvas in our case
– Our Challenge Based Learning Project with all of Year 7 (including ICT focus sessions)
– How does this fit in with learning?
SOME Great Tools to use for Learning on iPads:
– Desmos calculator: amazing power! desmos.com
– Notability: a post with an overview and tutorial
– Explain Everything: a post with an overview and tutorial
– Creating Tutorial: using iPads or computers
Hands on session:
This is the fun bit. We will actually move into exploring tools and creating content initially using Desmos.com Notability and Explain Everything.
Question and Answer: