Paris Tour

Lucas Greenslade

After catching the train into Paris with mr Bennett we made our first sight of the day, the George Pompidou centre, however due to time we couldn’t enter and instead admired it’s strange architecture. After buying some crepes from a stall nearby we set off to the Notre Dame where we took a few snaps and then headed over the bridge of locks to make our way to the Jardin de Tuileries. After a short stroll through the Jardin we made our next destination the Arc de Triomphe, to which we went to via the Champs Élysées. Having reached our destination we decided to climb the Arc’s long stairwell to reach it’s top, providing us a stunning 360 degree view of Paris. Our next stop after this was the Eiffel Tower, which sad-fully due to lack of time and some people’s fear of heights (jack) we couldn’t climb, nonetheless getting some great views from underneath it. With everyone’s legs tiring from all the day’s walking we decided to head back to the train station and make our way back home, stopping at a McDonald’s on the way there to fill our bellies and Lucas’s curiosity of how a Royale with cheese tastes. After the train to the Charle de Gaulle airport where mr Bennett was staying we said our goodbye’s to him and got on the bus back to Senlis to end the day.

IMG_3898 IMG_3946 IMG_3950 IMG_3952 IMG_3960 IMG_3989 IMG_3992 IMG_4019 IMG_4031 IMG_4032 IMG_4038 IMG_4101 IMG_4106

Trip into town

Alex lavery-jones

We went into the town of Senlis today after an introductory breakfast at the school. In the town we saw a massive church and took a few photos in front of it. We then walked through the town some more and got eclairs and croissants from a patisserie. We then walked back to the school which was built in the eleventh century, meaning that it is older than Australia.












First day of school

Jack Crawford

Bonjour Tout Le Monde,
Today we arrived in France! Fresh from a 24 hour flight and a 7 hour layover in Singapore myself, Lucas and Alastair went to school while Tom and Alex stayed at home and slept.
Before going to school however, I went to my exchange student’s house to get some warmer clothes and a backpack for books and stuff. After a twenty minute walk through what felt like Antartica compared to Australia, I arrived at school. I instant noticed how old the school is. It was made in the 11th century and this can be seen in the old stone hallways and the architecture of the buildings.
Next were the classes. Walking into my first class with Alastair (not Lucas because he’s in a different class) I felt nervous and annoyed. I was nervous because I didn’t know what to expect; would they teachers and students be nice? Will they make me speak in French? And I was annoyed because it had just finished school. But I was pleasantly surprised.
The teachers and students were great, the classes were actually fun and although I had to speak French occasionally, I did not feel judged when I made a mistake or did not understand. After all the whole point of coming here was so my French could improve.
Overall, today has been really good. I feel as if my French will improve greatly over the next six weeks and think all the other boys do as well. Tomorrow all the exchange students have advanced English in the morning which shall be fun (at least I can be understand that subject).
Au revoir
Jack Crawford

Singapore Stopover

As Jack, Lucas and I had chosen a slightly earlier flight than the year Tens. We had a bit of time to do some sightseeing with mr Bennet during our 7 hour stopover in Singapore, we decided to leave the airport for a little while to stretch our legs. We stored our luggage and headed off to Marina Bay to do some sightseeing. We arrived just in time to see the sun set around Marina Bay Sands. It was a beautiful sight and we took plenty of pictures.

After a day of plane food we decided to get some food. While we walked past many restaurants and stores we could only bring ourselves to eat some ice Cream. Or for some people 3 Ice Creams…..Lucas.

Following this we headed to the Fountain of wealth hoping it would help us for the weeks of shopping ahead of us and then finally got in a taxi and headed back to the airport.

Once here we met the sheepish looking year 10s as they arrived perfectly as we arrived back at the airport. By this time it was around 1am Sydney time and some other people had to get some coffee and chocolate to keep them going…..Lucas (and Jack this time).

We did a bit of shopping and made it onto the flight where we were able to sleep as much as possible (which wasn’t much).

We were all very tired when we arrived in paris, But no we kept going, and went to school. But that’s another story.

IMG_3452_2 IMG_3455 IMG_3459 IMG_3460_2 IMG_3463_2 IMG_3475 IMG_3478 IMG_3488_2 IMG_3492 IMG_3497 IMG_3499 IMG_3506 IMG_3510_2 IMG_3513_2 IMG_3519